The President on Tax policy

The President talks on tax policy during his weekly address. He speaks of some of the new tax breaks that have been implemented during his Administration. He also talks about closing some tax loopholes exploited by some in the corporate world, as well as tipping his hat to deficit reduction.

This entry was posted in National News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The President on Tax policy

You seem to have given up commenting on the President and have turned your Blog into a Obama YouTube video display.

Actually, I don’t blame you as he is driving us into debt and insecurity. I judge you are embarrassed.

Hopefully, we can relieve you of this headache in 2012 so you bash the Republicans again.

Have not given up on commenting. Just like to get up his weekly message so that you folks have a chance to comment. I thought you would like the video this week as the President was talking tax cuts. I know Republicans just love tax cuts! But then again maybe you only like them for the upper one percent of wage earners. What do you say there Jules? Do you like anything in this weeks message?

My commentary is based on reviewing your blog entries and finding a minimal “discussion” on your part unlike the hated Bush/Chaney administration.

I am encouraged by your view of my favoring tax cuts for the upper one percent of the wage earners, or in other works “tax cut for the rich”. I actuality I would give them tax cuts in preference to the horrendous tax increases we are all going to pay to feed this presidents appetite.

On top of that, I do not believe anything this president has to say. He is a liar.

Anytime you want discuss this let me know and I will enter a list of his lies.

OK I am in. Lets list his five “top lies”.

Your Honor

Great, I like that.

I have a contract and trying to do my taxes so I will begin tomorrow night.

I would like, for the sake of this discussion, replace the term “Liar” for “unbelievable”. More civilized.

Here the list of 5 unbelievable things he has said.
    1. Health care and Transparency. No 7 days review time of full bill.

2. People making under $250,000 will not see a tax increase.

3. Health care will not support abortion. Remember Joe Wilson.

4. The Stimulus increased private jobs. Government jobs, yes.

5. “I will not hire lobbyist”.

6. “I will remove troops from Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as I take office.

I will enter them after I send off my taxes.

PS who negotiated the teacher’s contract? Unions got to go. What are the laws that protect these unions.

Great list. Lets start at the top.

1) Health Care and Transparency. The health care issue was debated and looked at more than any other bill in recent memory. While the President did not have bill deliberations on CSPAN he did more than any President in recent memory on that bill, including holding the “summit” that was televised and gave the bill opponents a fair shot at debate. I have to disagree with you on point one. The President was transparent on this issue. I think the Congress was less than transparent and could be criticized fairly for the carve outs. More to come.

The bill was not debated except between recalcitrant Democrats and all the other Democrats. (Eventually, their moral principles were bought out for cash at 200 to 300 billion each.)

They labeled the Republicans as the party of “NO”. Was that your debate; debate by insult?

Summit? Ha! It was a set up. Only you, looking through your partisan filter, could call this fraud fair. “It’s my meeting and I can talk as long as I want.” I noted when he was read the economic impact by Representative (name evades me know) , which showed quite a different outcome than Obama foretold, he did not answer. He could not answer.

Obama promised public display of the bill. It never happened.

Result, no transparency as promised, no public airing of the bill as promised. Heck, your honor, the bill was never finished, even for the vote. Finest Bill money can buy.

Obama lied. Still does.

Add to list. After the security summit just completed he said “the world is more secure”. No agreements were signed.

Obama lied.

As you well know the legislative process in a democracy is messy. This was no different. Protecting your home state is not akin to “bribery”. I remember Tom Delay keeping the voting open on the prescription drug benefit for 12 hours. Lots of “arm twisting” by Delay, with plenty of deal making as well. Oh, but when Republicans do it it is not bribery. How about the Republican Congress and farm subsidies. Are those bribes? Lets be clear on our terminology Jules. I do agree that the carve outs were indefensible, but those are from a public policy perspective, not because they were “bribes”. The President spent plenty of public time on the bill. As far as dishonesty goes it was not the President who brought up death panels.

Sorry, I have been very busy. I will post my answer tomorrow if the blog is still there. It’s moving along.

Let’s keep it simple. Making law has always been the “sausage” it’s been compared too. The Democrats however were not trading favors. People of false moral principle were simply bribed out of their morality. But, I don’t care.
    I don’t care about Tom Delay or Republican corruption.

This is simple.

Obama made promises on several occasions, and on TV so you and I saw it, that he would post bills under consideration in a public place so we could review it.

He did not.He lied.

Not only was was there no postings, but the bill was created behind lock doors with the Republicans shut out.

PS have you been watching the developing story of Obama’s corruption with Goldman Sachs? Just short of a billion dollars.

I can hardly wait until you use the old charge of Republicans favoring the wealthy and visa-versa.

Corrections: Obama had nearly 1 MILLION dollars donated from Goldman Sachs, not 1 billion.