The President spends his weekly address on health care, talking about the past failure of a patient bill of rights, and decrying the parliamentary obstruction of the Republican Party on health care. Meanwhile the Senate Democrats continue to struggle to get to sixty, with Ben Nelson proving a difficult vote to corral. The newest iteration drops the Medicare buy in that had been put in to replace the (watered down) public option, which was dropped. The Dems are struggling, with some on the left calling for the defeat of this bill. Paul Krugman weighed in this week, calling for passage of the bill despite the anger being felt by many over some of the horse trading that has watered down the bill. Read the Krugman column here.
- My Tweets
- A Look at G-Man J. Edgar Hoover and the Making of the American Century
- Seabrook Water and Sewer Reports 2022
- Seabrook Financial Presentation
- Seabrook’s 2023 Warrant
- Remembering David Crosby
- A look at “Chip War: The Fight for the World’s Most Critical Technology” by Chris Miller
- A Look at “The Avoidable War” by Kevin Rudd
- A Look at Pacific Crucible: War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian Toll
- A Look at “And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle” by Jon Meacham
- RIP Christine McVie
- Capital Improvement Plan
- Casino Gaming
- Education Reform
- Electoral Map
- Fifth Congressional
- Health Care Reform
- Manzi in the Morning
- Merrimack Valley Politics
- Methuen City Council
- Methuen Mayor's Race
- Municipal Finance
- National News
- Song of the Week
- State News
- Technology Beat
- Transportation Finance
- U.S. Senate Race
- WCAP Podcast
I am quite impressed with way your ‘friends’ are managing this horror show.
I agree with the DailyKos, put this thing out of its misery, kill it.
(strange bed fellows, eh)
What a wonderful world this would be if there were at least a handful of Republican senators willing to work for good of their fellow men instead of their narrow political interests.
Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men.
Seems a strange juxtaposition to me.
Merry Christmas, all who read and post here.