McCain Rejects Hagee Endorsement

John McCain finally rejected the endorsement of John Hagee, the anti-Catholic crackpot whose endorsement gave McCain nothing but political headaches after some of Hagees anti-Catholic statements had come to light. The new revelations of Hagee saying that the rise of Hitler was God’s way of returning the Jews to the homeland of Israel was apparently the final straw for McCain. From the Washington Post:

When asked what McCain thought of the remarks, spokesman Tucker Bounds responded with an e-mail from the candidate denouncing Hagee. “Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them,” McCain said. “I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee’s endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well.”

Speaking to reporters later, McCain said: “I just think that the statement is crazy and unacceptable,” adding that while “Pastor Hagee is entitled to his views,” he does not want to be affiliated with them.

Crazy and unacceptable? Do you think so, Senator McCain? What about the Catholic comments? From the Post:

Hagee has called the Catholic Church a “false religious system” and a “false cult system” and has suggested that the church played a role in the Holocaust.

I think McCain has done what he needed to do here, but it is a little late. This guys crackpot status has been known for some time, and his Catholic bashing alone should have led McCain to where he is today.

This entry was posted in National News. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to McCain Rejects Hagee Endorsement

I remember Barack Obama’s “sermon from the mount” as he denied being being affected by his 20 year relationship with the good Rev Wright. He has established the rule; “it’s never too late to disassociate ones self from controversial friends.

‘nough said.

My friend. Then I don’t understand why McCain found it necessary to disassociate himself now. Unless of course he hopes to gain more than the staunchly conservative 23% of fools that still support bush, and who will hopefully forget there were parallels between both he and Obama insofar as their pastors were concerned…

3. ben nevis says:

I’m not going to worry about Obama until he gets to the LOAVES AND FISHES part of his HOPE, CHANGE and YES WE CAN sermon. Feeding the 5,000 was nothing compared to what mankinds new savior will do if he is elected. The “O” team will see to that. Does anyone remember when most democrats ate beans and brown bread? Well the GOOD TIMES ARE (almost) HERE! Please pass the caviar!

Jim, old friend,

McCain is disassociating himself from Hagee because he can’t wait 20 years like Obama.

You refer to me as “My friend”, but go on to call me a “fool” (I’m conservative and sorta support Bush). I am confused about your feelings for me.

The issue regarding Hagee and Wright are summed up in my first entry.

You do give me a chuckle from time to time, but if I were you, I would not state too loudly that I remain amongst that 23% of endangered species… 🙂

Keep the faith!!

Jim,
    As a conservative in Massachusetts, I am always in the minority. I’ve got comfortable with it as I watch you fellas justify greed and corruption on Beacon Hill.

Mayor Manzi refers to the your co-party law makers who have hamstrung him together with the cities and towns as “friends”.

If it were a conservative legislature they would not be considered “friend”.

This is truly a case of the people getting the government they deserve.

By the way, can we get on the “species endangered list” and thereby get federal protection? (Us and the polar bears)

Jules, Jules, Jules….

Corruption and greed only on Beacon Hill?! Have you been watching what’s been going on on the larger national stage whether it be $24B+ gone in Iraq w/no paper trail, or administration officials pushing agendas to have people removed from office (can’t wait to see what comes out this Siegelman case), or the pushing of the case for war that has been disproven 20 different ways. Need I say more?!

Yeah, apparently honest and integrity is an endangered species, but it’s not just limited to one party….

Oh, Jim,
    It isn’t limited to one party. But, old friend, that is just what we have in Massachusetts.

Unions that dictate terms (Police detail, Teacher’s health contribution).

More felons per capita except for New Jersey. (I can get numbers). Two consecutive house speakers found guilty of crimes.

How many relatives fill the Massachusetts payroll? They get great retirement and can work for different government departments accumulating retirement Wealth.

You and I are paying for it. This time though, it’s the Democrats who bear this burden.

Neither one of us can brag.