Cheney Tosses Colin Powell

Former Vice President Dick Cheney continues to beat the drum against the new Administration, as well as against those with whom he has had long standing grievances, Today he launched on Colin Powell, expressing the thought that Powell was no longer a Republican, and that Rush Limbaugh’s conservative bona fides made him preferable to Powell. From Politico:

“Well if I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I’d go with Rush Limbaugh,” Cheney told moderator Bob Schieffer. “My take on it was Colin had already left the party — I didn’t know he was still a Republican.”

A somewhat taken-aback Schieffer asked: “You think he’s not a Republican?”

Cheney responded by pointing out that Powell had endorsed President Barack Obama last fall.

“I assume that that’s some indication of his loyalty and his interest,” Cheney said.

A little different than the Obama aproach with Joe Lieberman, wouldn’t you say? Cheney and Limbaugh are the gifts that keep giving. President Obama is very lucky to have these two still playing prominent roles in Republican politics.

This entry was posted in National News and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Cheney Tosses Colin Powell

1. L. Done says:

I actually get giddy when Dick Cheney makes a statement, any statement referring to the President, Democrats or loyal supporters of Barack Obama. Naturally, people turn on him even moreso, and wonder when this dinosaur will take a break. Further, when he’s speaking in his low, secretive, know-it-all voice, I crack up laughing — and I do a pretty good impersonation of Cheney for my kids and grandchildren. He puts his foot in his mouth every time he talks. Love it.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this blog, but I have been studying my copy of the constitution and I haven’t found the place that denies VP Cheney his right to talk his mind.

I wonder if L. Done chracks up when President Clinton yaks it up with his considered opinion?

Clinton has a foot-in-mouth transplant.

I am with you on this one. Cheney should continue to speak out frequently. The more media coverage for Dick the better. I certainly think he is entitled to his views, and he should exercise his right to free speech liberally.

You sure the Dickster hasn’t run out of mind to speak out of?

I’m all for him speaking out, front and center of the Republican party. When he runs out of breath, he can tag either Rushbo or Steelebo to come into the ring.

Can’t wait for those declassified CIA torture memos …

CIA—watch Nancy Pelosi mplode.

Thank you for being fair. Now I know you want him to implode too, but at least you aren’t trying shut him down.

Because John Boehner said so? And where did John stand?

Cheney can speak out all he wants: in fact, it’s the discussion we should have had 8 years ago. It’s necessary in a democracy. And, we get to see what a Looney Tune he’s really become.

Looney Cheney! And you are in love with foot-in-mouth Pelosi? She’s an idiot.

Fred, old buddy, Is Obama a war criminal now?

Fred, is Obama getting rid of Gitmo?

Fred, is Obama going to hold terrorist tribunal trials.

Fred, Obama now has his own war.

I believe Cheney approves of these moves.

I wonder if Obama is going to be impeached by MoveOn.Org.

I remember telling people before Bush got elected (after having watched his governorship while living in Austin) would get us into situations that we find it very hard to get out of. Everything you talk about sustains that view. Obama is in a situation not of his own making, and while he’s not making the progress on a pace I would like to see, I acknowledge that it’s the situation driving that. A situation provided wholly by a Republican White House and Congress. No matter how hard you try and deflect, try not to forget that.

My view on Cheney is apparently shared even by some of his friends: his personality has changed from an engaging intellect to a shrill (my words) nutcase. Apparently strokes can do that to you.

Perhaps we should carry through on Pelosi’s support of a Truth Commission, to find out who knew what, and when. Then, let’s decide who is telling the truth, and who is lying through their teeth.

What do you think, my right honorable friend?

I think you and I agree. We should have a truth commission study this problem.

Nancy Pelosy should testify first so she can starighten out her erratic comments and prove the CIA is lying. Peneta will represent the CIA.

What a joy this would be.

Problem, how do you find an honest man or woman in Washington?

Put ’em all on TV. Cheney, Rummy, Tenet, Bush, Rice, Libby, Armitage, Powell, Pelosi, Lott, Frist, the lot. Did I miss anyone?

All under oath.

We’ll all be the deciders, then.