Governor Patrick announcing the appointment of Paul Kirk as the interim selection for United States Senator.
- My Tweets
- A Look at G-Man J. Edgar Hoover and the Making of the American Century
- Seabrook Water and Sewer Reports 2022
- Seabrook Financial Presentation
- Seabrook’s 2023 Warrant
- Remembering David Crosby
- A look at “Chip War: The Fight for the World’s Most Critical Technology” by Chris Miller
- A Look at “The Avoidable War” by Kevin Rudd
- A Look at Pacific Crucible: War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian Toll
- A Look at “And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle” by Jon Meacham
- RIP Christine McVie
- Capital Improvement Plan
- Casino Gaming
- Education Reform
- Electoral Map
- Fifth Congressional
- Health Care Reform
- Manzi in the Morning
- Merrimack Valley Politics
- Methuen City Council
- Methuen Mayor's Race
- Municipal Finance
- National News
- Song of the Week
- State News
- Technology Beat
- Transportation Finance
- U.S. Senate Race
- WCAP Podcast
I notice that the Republican law suit that would make Deval Patrick’s instant assignment of Kirk to the Senate seat without having the legislature enact certain wording (I do not recall the term) impossible.
The law suit went before Judge Thomas Connolly, a heavy Democratic contributor, who allowed the Governor’s right to assign Kirk immediately even without the legal terminology discussed above.
The Judge should have recused himself.
This is abuse of the majority as well as corruption.