A Flake You Say? Now That is Fair and Balanced

Chris Wallace had Michelle Bachmann on Fox News Sunday, and besides asking about her family taking advantage of federal programs Wallace had the temerity to ask Bachmann whether she was a “flake”. Wallace issued an apology via the FNS website yesterday after being pelted with protests by Bachmann supporters. I happen to think that Wallace is a pretty tough interviewer, regardless of the party affiliation of the person being interviewed. Was Wallace off base in his questioning?

Regardless of the Wallace interview Bachmann is on the rise, descending on Iowa today, showing herself to be a major force in the Republican nominating contest. A Politico story today deals with her surge, and dismisses some of the caricature of her that has been created by some of her public pronouncements.

“She works to know her audience and will customize her message and her tone to resonate with the audience she’s speaking to,” said Ron Carey, a former chairman of the Minnesota GOP who served briefly as Bachmann’s congressional chief of staff. “She’s smart enough to modify and still find areas of agreement but make sure she doesn’t use some of the red meat rhetoric to emphasize her points.”

I think that, as of today, Bachmann will easily win in Iowa. She will take advantage of the media fascination with her to get plenty of free coverage, and she has always shown herself to be a prolific fundraiser. The Bachmann train is picking up steam. Will the candidates she is about to extinguish in Iowa go negative?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=1025286407001&w=466&h=263Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

This entry was posted in National News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to A Flake You Say? Now That is Fair and Balanced

Did you hear her reply? She handled it deftly and actually was impressive. She gave him a ding as well.

I was surprised at the way Wallace phrased the question.

Now you Democrats are going to give Bachmann the Palin treatment. Denigration, insult,etc.

You are afraid of strong women.

I am still quite comfortable with the criticism of Palin, and believe she really knows nothing about issues. I have had my share of fun with Bachmann, but I must admit that I thought she did very well in the debate, and I agree that she parried Wallace fairly easily on the flake question. Of course she stepped in it a bit with the John Wayne answer, but overall I think she wins Iowa, and presents Romney with a bit of a challenge after that. Can she maintain? She has proven to be a far better candidate than Gingrich, Pawlenty, and Santorum. (I will mention Huntsman when he cracks 4%)

Did Obama give you a knowledge of issues during his swoon filled campaign?

Its all about the hope.

Still is. Check the economic data”

Unemployment between 9 and 10% for a long time.
    Growth anemic.

Now he’s off on vacation. What a leader.

I thought he was playing golf.