Sunday Morning Battle on Stimulus

The “This Week” program had an interesting group of panelists debating the merits of the stimulus package being pushed through Congress. Senator Jim DeMint and Rep. Barney Frank had a pretty good go round on it, with Frank pretty much dominating all the conversation. (Hard to get in a word edgewise with Barney). Senators Kerry and Hutchinson sparred pretty well on Meet the Press on the same subject. Will the President be able to get a bill through the Senate? I think so, with time to spare. Best line of the morning? I have yet to see a tax cut that built a road or bridge (or something to that effect by Barney Frank)

This entry was posted in National News and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Sunday Morning Battle on Stimulus

It is interesting that you admire the man who had a major roll in getting us to the economic melt down we now enjoy. So is dominating the conversations establish truth?

Actually I never saw building a bridge end a recession.

Check this out for chutzpah. Now this a Fox Business Report, but don’t forget I answer your Boston Globe derived issues.

Jules.

Whenever I see the source is Fox News, I automatically discount the truth value 50%, and work down from there. When I attempt to Google, they all lead back to the same source. Is there a credible second source, or is this today’s Roger Ailes Talking Points Memo?

Then I guess there is no discussion here. Actually, why don’t you find a contradiction. I will read it even if it’s the Globe.

Nah. If I read it in the Globe, it likely has a second source. No need to chase down every Fox Noise assertion, unless it pops up elsewhere. Signal to noise ratio too low.

Where do you get your news?

All over the place … surf and you shall find!

Would that be moveOn.org or daily KOS?

Pretty much anywhere but Fox.

They’ve been caught so often, shall we say, stretching the truth, I’d find it insulting as a viewer/listener.

But it’s good you can remember two of Fox’s favorite sources. Means the incessant repetition is working …

Can you substantiate those stretching events?

Jules.

Surf and you shall find, my friend. Surf and you shall find. It’s better if you substantiate what other people say for yourself, so you can decide the truth for yourself.